DO YOU NEED A CHIROPRACTOR?
Eight out of 10 Canadians will experience back pain at some point
in their lives. For many people, this pain can interfere with work,
school or and other important elements of otherwise healthy, busy lives.
Thankfully, early treatment from a chiropractor can get you back on your feet.
Your spine is one of the strongest parts of your body, but
it is particularly susceptible to injury because it carries so much weight. Accidents, stress, physical labour, working conditions, poor posture, sports or sprains can all cause back problems. When you injure your back, the resultant pain can appear in other areas of the body. After a significant back injury, previously simple tasks like walking become painful. Even worse, the compensatory changes we make in posture and stride can lead to further pain in our hips, knees and feet.
Here are some common symptoms of a back problem:
- Leg pain with numbness, tingling, and/or weakness
- Back or leg pain when coughing or sneezing
- Difficulty standing up after sitting for any period of time
- Stiffness in the morning that decreases once you move around
- Pain in your hip, buttock, thigh, knee or foot.
- Inability to turn or bend to each side equally
- Unbalanced posture wherein your head, neck or shoulder may be higher on one side than the other
- Pain which prevents you from sleeping well
- Pain that persists or worsens after 48 hours
Chiropractors treat your back pain by addressing the cause of the pain. It’s simple, and it works.